Last year I had a great time posting this fun list of 60 things I want to do or accomplish before I turn 30! I’m really proud of myself for how many of these I’ve started knocking off the list. I definitely attribute much of my success to my Powersheets I use each month. I’m so excited next years Powersheets are being released next week!
Well, it’s been a year, so here’s an update on my 60 before 30! Also, where did the last 12 months go?
I like goals. I’m motivated by seeing them, empowered by completing them and inspired by reading about them.
Although I love a good to-do list and a good set of goals, it was not until this year that I actually created tangible, written goals for myself.
I didn’t do them on anything fancy. In fact, they were just written out on different pages of one of my husband’s half used legal pads. I took a few evenings at the end of 2015 and made a few lists: scratched things out, and added a few more touches. I referred to some of the pages of some of the Well Designed Year that I purchased the year before but never filled out, my prayer journal, and a few of my favorite blogger’s yearly goal sheets including two of my favorites: Valerie Woerner & Lara Casey! (and this is a great resource!)
The first 6 months, I was fairly intentional, although I did have a baby in that time, so as intentional as someone can be on minimal sleep, physical recovery, and an extreme life change. Each month, if not multiple times a month, I tended on my goals by checking in on what I had completed, what I was currently working on, and what I needed to be doing to meet them.
Since July, I’ve started to slack off a little more. I think I tricked myself into thinking I had them all stored in the back of my mind. I picked my notebook back up yesterday, and it was great (and FUN!) to mark some things off, but I also realized there were a few things I had totally forgotten about. So, to start holding myself accountable, and maybe even give you some motivation, I’m going to do what many others do: blog my monthly goals!
Since October is almost over I’ll start next month, but today I’m going to post a fun list I’ve been working on for quite a while. I’m now closer to 30 than I am 20 and saw this fun idea of posting a bucket list for 60 goals before you turn 30 from Emily who works over at Southern Weddings Magazine.
60 before 30
Start date: October 2016
End date: September 21, 2020.
Make a quiltJuly 2017 a quilt for Wiles Sew a piece of clothingMay 2017 a cover up! I actually made 2! …and wear itJune 2017 on our LYLAS girls trip!
- Host a “favorite things” party
- Do an Escape Room
- Host a murder mystery party
- Host a neighborhood cookout
Hang a gallery wallMarch 2017
- … and fill it with pictures (almost!)
- Create a yearly family photo album
- Create Artifact Uprising books from family trips (so far: Boca, Honeymoon)
Create Truman’s1st year picture albumSpring 2017 from Artifact Uprising
- Write a will
- Get life insurance
- Blog monthly goals (year 1: 3/12)
- Make a “life list“
- Re-do contentment challenge
- Continue capsule wardrobe (year 1 succss!)
- Go back to Tanzania or Kenya
Plant / grow a gardenSpring 2017!
- Attend my 10 year high school reunion
Take the Myers-Briggs TestSpring 2017 and then made all my friends take it!
- Join a women’s Bible Study
- Go to a conference (MTH, IF:gathering, Influence, etc.)
- Study a book of the Bible the Women of the Word way
- Find a place to serve
- Complete a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle
- Go to Napa
… and NashvilleJanuary 2017
- Relax on a nice beach (preferably a place needing a passport)
- …. and go scuba diving there
- Go camping as a family
- Go antiquing in Roundtop
- Pay off my car
- Pay cash for the next car we buy
- Practice family Sabbath once a week for a month
- Cut down our Christmas tree from a Christmas tree farm
- Buy only ethically made gifts for at least one Christmas
- Read 21 books each year
Add another Scott to our familyJuly 2017: WILES!
- Establish a morning routine
- … and a nightly routine
- Create a skincare regimen/routine
- Fully fund our emergency fund
Talk to a financial plannerMay 2017
- Only spend 50% of our income
Delete Instagram / social media for a monthMay 2017
- Take dance lessons with Cody or go to a fun dance night (swing, two-step, square, etc.)
- Start a journal of notes for Truman
- Paint our bedframe
Buy a duvet cover that fits our bed sizeWinter 2017 thanks Ikea! Surprise #1June 2017 we threw a SURPRISE 70th birthday party for my parents
- Surprise #2
- Write a letter to Mom and Dad
- Record our family history in one place
- Join a city group (rotary, junior league, political, etc.)
- Do a back tuck into a pool… just to prove I still can
- Rock climb on real rocks
- Go skiing
- Do a 5k