Whew. November was crazy, and December is even crazier! Regrettably, half of my goals for last month got thrown out the window. Off to a great start, right?
2016 is coming to an end with big changes!
We found out the Tuesday of Thanksgiving that Cody is getting transferred to Cypress, Texas to run a store! This is really exciting news, but the crazy thing is.. as I’m writing this, he is already there.
So that leads me to why I have not done some of my November goals. In the last 3 weeks, we have built a whole new wall of closets in our master, had contractors and painters in our house almost daily, listed our house (tomorrow), put an offer on a new house, completed our option period, and moved Cody to Houston.
We’ve also had multiple doctors appointments, a sinus infection, and ear infections. So far this month, our sweet friends threw us a wonderful little going away party, and I watched my sister in law walk the stage for her master’s degree!
Let’s just say that this Christmas season isn’t quite what I expected Truman’s first Christmas to be. But that’s the theme of this whole blog, isn’t it? God has bigger and better plans, and we sure are in the thick of seeing what they are.
We don’t have a single Christmas decoration up in our house, but thankfully we will be spending Christmas with Cody’s family. Truman will get to see the beauty of Christmas there with multiple trees and lots of wrapping paper!
So, let’s check back on last month’s goals. I’ll bold what I completed:
- Read 2 books: finish The Guernsey Literary Society and Potato Peel Pie Society & Wild and Free. My free time was swapped with cleaning, packing, and looking at houses.
- Order Christmas Cards from Chloe Hamaker — 25% of proceeds are going to a charity of your choice! Also, yay for small businesses! And I mailed them all out! YAY!
- Implement the new nightly routine. Nope. Chaos = no routine. We will save this for once we get settled in the new house.
- Implement the new household list for cleaning and chores. I did do this, multiple times in fact!
- Start master closet remodel. It’s complete! Too bad I won’t get to enjoy it…
- Start a gratitude journal and use it at least 3x a week. I really wish I would have made more time for this and more dedicated time in the Bible over the last few weeks.
- Start Truman’s 1st-year photo album. I started it… but I don’t if I did enough for it to count.
And now for December’s goals:
- Be patient and flexible with showings and unpredictability.
- Give generously in this crazy and expensive season.
- Start Powersheets.
- Plan and schedule movers, painters, and home repairs for the new house.
- Savor and enjoy time with family.